Salmon Fillets With Pesto and Pistachios
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Take four salmon fillets (do NOT use salmon steaks!) of about 6-7 oz. each and put them on a cookie sheet that has been sprayed with Pam or brushed with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoon of Butoni pesto (in the grocery store refrigerated section) onto the top of each filet and spread evenly.
- Take the pistachios (shell the nuts, put in a baggie and whack with the side of a meat tenderizer/pounder) and cover the pesto with them. The amounts of pesto and pistachios depend on the size of the fillets, so use your judgment here.
- Bake for about 20-22 minutes until done.
- Serve immediately. (I serve it with roasted baby red potatoes and asparagus.).
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.