photo by Tona C.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
1 large casserole
- 2 (14 ounce) cans salmon, not drained but remove any bones
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 12 -16 slices bread, broken into pieces
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 2 tablespoons onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (4 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Place broken bread pieces in bottom of 10x15 greased baking dish. Spread flaked salmon over bread, then add 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Mix together all the other ingredients and pour over salmon/cheese layer; cover with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour, or until an insterted knife comes out clean.
- TIP: Better if made ahead several hours or even the night before. Just refrigerate and allow a few extra minutes of baking time.
- TIP: Instead of bread, try cooking 14 ounces of shell macaroni for the bottom layer. Top the casserole with crushed potato chips during the last 15 minutes of baking.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!