Sally's Three-Layer Peppermint Bark
- Ready In:
48 pieces (about)
- 17 ounces good quality white chocolate, finely chopped
- 6 ounces peppermint candies, finely crushed but not pulverized (red & white striped)
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 7 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 6 tablespoons heavy cream
- 3⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Turn a large baking sheet upside down and cover securely with foil. Mark out a 12x9-inch rectangle. Stir white chocolate in a metal bowl over barely simmering water (do NOT allow bowl to touch water) until chocolate is melted and smooth. Pour 2/3 cup onto foil and spread to fill the 9x12" rectangle. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup crushed peppermints. Chill until set, about 15 minutes.
- Stir bittersweet chocolate, cream, and extract over low heat until just melted and smooth; cool. Pour over white chocolate and spread to edges. Refrigerate until very firm, about 25 minutes.
- Rewarm remaining white chocolate but don't get too hot. Quickly pour over bittersweet chocolate and spread to edges. Sprinkle with remaining peppermint pieces. Chill until firm. Lift foil off cookie sheet and trim edges of candy. Cut crosswise into strips, then slide strips off foil and onto cutting surface. Cut into triangles or any shape you desire.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!