Rye Crust for Savory Pies and Pastry (Adapted from Recipe 243072
- Ready In:
- Place flours and salt in food processor work bowl and pulse for 2 seconds to combine.
- Add butter. Pulse 3-4 times, 2-3 seconds each time, or until mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle in water, a tablespoon at a time, pulsing briefly after each addition, until mixture pulls away from the side of the work bowl and starts to form a ball. I find that 4 tablespoons water is usually enough, but you can add up to 3 more if your mixture is dry--just don't let it get too wet and sticky.
- Remove from bowl and form into two balls.
- Flatten each ball slightly.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and chill for about 10 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each ball out into a circle.
- Use in any savory recipe that calls for pie crusts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!