Rustic Korean Spinach
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch spinach
- 2 teaspoons korean soybean paste (doenjang)
- 2 teaspoons korean chili paste (gochujang)
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- Cut off the tips of spinach and clean thoroughly.
- Boil a pot of water and blanch the spinach for 1 minute.
- Drain and rinse spinach under cold water and squeeze out the liquid.
- Separate the spinach strands in a mixing bowl and cut into a few sections if you prefer shorter length.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl. Using your finger tips (gloved if you prefer) smear the doenjang and gochujang pastes together to combine and then toss everything together as you gently massage around the spinach, so that every strand of spinach will get seasoned.
- Taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!