Russian Potato Salad (Salad Olivier)
This is a twist on a traditional Russian salad.
- Ready In:
- 6 medium russet potatoes
- 5 large carrots
- 1 (15 ounce) can sweet peas
- 1 bunch green onion
- 3 hot dogs (also works with cooked chicken bits or bologna)
- 6 polish dill pickles (or regular pickles if you want less spiciness)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 5 eggs
- 1 bunch fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon crushed black pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed white pepper
- 8 ounces regular sour cream
- 5 tablespoons regular mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish sauce (Boar's Head Pub Style sold at Kroger)
- 2 teaspoons sriracha hot chili sauce (optional)
- You will need a large mixing bowl.
- The following items add to taste, the amounts listed above are approximate: hot dogs (depends how much meat you want); pickles (Depends how salty you want the salad. This is the only source of salt in the salad.); oregano; black pepper; white pepper; sour cream (add more if salad too dry); mayonnaise (add more if salad too dry); horseradish; hot sauce (depends how spicy you want).
- Boil potatoes, carrots, hot dogs until cooked.
- Hard boil the eggs.
- While the above are boiling, add to bowl sweet peas.
- Finely chop and add to bowl: cilantro, dill.
- Cut to small pieces (to size of a pea) and add to bowl pickles.
- Once all the boiled items are cooked: peel, chop (to size of a pea) and add them all to the bowl: potatoes, carrots, hot dogs, eggs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl: oregano, black pepper, white pepper, sour cream, mayonnaise, horseradish, hot sauce.
- Mix well and serve or place in fridge for later use.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION