Rosemary Onion Cornbread
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 cup buttermilk (you may use regular milk!)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 sprigs extra fresh rosemary
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Spray a 9" x 5" loaf pan with non stick spray.
- Melt butter in small frying pan over medium-low heat.
- Add onion; cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, using a fork, stir cornmeal with flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cayenne until well blended.
- Stir in rosemary and cooled onion.
- In a medium bowl whisk buttermilk with eggs and 1/2 cup melted butter.
- Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- Turn into loaf pan smoothing top.
- Scatter small sprigs of rosemary.
- Bake in preheated oven until tooth pick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Turn out onto a rack and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm an adventurous foodie. Cooking is how I express myself.