Rosemary and Olive Grissini
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 18mins
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄3 cup kalamata olives in oil, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup fresh rosemary leaf
- In a large bowl (or a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook), combine all ingredients (in order).
- Knead to form an elastic dough (about 7-10 minutes).
- Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- Deflate dough, knead briefly, and let rest 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375F (350F convection) If your oven is not convection, place a rack in the middle of the oven.
- Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Roll the rested dough out into a rectangle about 20x12”.
- Cut in half crosswise, then into ¼” strips lengthwise.
- Lightly roll each strip to round the edges and place on the parchment lined sheets.
- Cover and let rest for 20 minutes.
- Bake (1 sheet at a time if not using convection) for 18 minutes, until crisp and golden. Keep unbaked sticks in the fridge during baking.
- Immediately transfer to a cooling rack and cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"