Root of the Matter Baked Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
In ‘The Complete Southern Cookbook’ by Tammy Allgood
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 white onion, diced
- 2 (16 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup root beer (not diet)
- 1⁄4 cup hickory flavored barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 1-quart baking dish and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until crisp, around 8 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels and crumble when cool enough to handle; set aside.
- Increase the heat to med-high and sauté the onions in the drippings about 5 minutes, or until tender.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the bacon, onions, pork and beans, root beer, barbecue sauce, mustard, and hot sauce; blend well.
- Transfer to the prepared dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 55 minutes, or until the sauce is thick and bubbly.
- Serve warm.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION