Roasted Vegetables Plate With Cilantro Parsley Dressing
photo by JustJanS
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 lbs aubergines
- 2 lbs zucchini
- 2 lbs bell peppers (red and yellow)
- 1 small bunch cilantro (about 1/3 cup packed fresh cilantro leaves)
- 1 small bunch parsley (about 1/3 cup packed fresh parsley leaves)
- 3 large garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil (or more if necesssary)
- salt and pepper
- Toss all ingredients for dreessing into a blender.
- You can always add some more olive oil to thin it out if needed. Blend until smooth.
- Taste, adjust seasoning, and re-blend as needed.
- Transfer to an airtight jar and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Remember to shake well before each use.
- Cut you vegetables in 1/2 inch thick pieces.
- You will have to grill the vegetables in 3 portions (each kind separate).
- Place your fist vegetable kind on the baking tray and broil until roasted (we needed about 15 minutes for each kind).
- Place your vegetable kind on the serving plate.
- Grill the second vegetable kind and then place it on the serving plate.
- Repeat with the third kind.
- Brush the dressing on the vegetables. Place the remaing dressing in a nice cup on the plate as well.
- Serve it warm or cold.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Russ and I both really enjoyed this thanks awalde. I used 1 eggplant, 2 small zuccs and the equivalent of 1 capsicum (mixed a few strips each of red, green and yellow) and about half the dressing as I have heaps of parsley growing right now (have quite a bit left over so am going to freeze it). I can imagine this as part of an antipasto platter, as a salad or a side. It's so easy to make and to eat that I can't wait to do it again soon. Have posted a photo but it seems to be lost in space ;-)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a wife, mother, beekeeper, food addicted and lover of nature as well as travels. Travelling I discovered the pleasures for the food, his colors, taste and spices. Now I?m really devoted to food photography and I love experimenting with new recipes to share them with my family and the world. My main inspirations: Italy: my roots Switzerland: homeland Greece: adopted homeland Travelling: spices and dreams Herbs and Bees: education in biology Colors and shapes: love eat with eyes as well