Roasted Sweet Potato and Spinach Salad
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Clean eating salad that is bright and tasty.
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch dice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sea salt, plus extra for final seasoning
- 1⁄2 lb fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup walnuts (raw or toasted)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- goat cheese (optional) or feta cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, toss the chopped sweet potatoes with the olive oil, coriander seeds, fennel seeds, cinnamon, and 1 1/2 tsp of the sea salt, coating evenly.
- Spread the potatoes in a baking dish and roast them until fork tender or about 25 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- In a large bowl toss the sweet potatoes with the chopped spinach. The heat from the potatoes will slightly wilt the spinach.
- Once the potatoes cool, stir in the walnuts, cranberries and goat or feta cheese if using and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION