Roasted Sweet Onions Julia Child
"... a very simple one [recipe] that I (Julia Child) use a great deal, which is just roasting a whole onion. It's such an easy way to do them and they're so delicious." I "Rita" tweaked by adding herbs and a compound butter making this just so yummy! Thanks Julia! Must say love your kitchen!
- Ready In:
- 1 large sweet onion
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cheese, grated
- olive oil, to taste (or $notetemplate1$, to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh rosemary (or herbs of choice)
- Pierce a whole sweet onion in five or six places with a knife or a pointed chop stick.
- Put it as is either in a 450 degree oven for 45 minutes (this method will caramelize)or in the microwave oven for 5 on high( this method is steamed but so quick).
- Remove from oven; cut it in half or open it up.
- Sprinkle it with grated cheese and olive oil or butter, herbs, salt and pepper.