Roasted Red Pepper Sandwich Spread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 roasted red pepper, cut into chunks
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- dried basil, to taste
- salt and pepper
- 1 green onion, minced
- If using a jarred pepper, dry well.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor (I sometimes just place it in a deep bowl and use my wand mixer).
- Process until well blended.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour before using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was very good. I think the flavors of the roasted red pepper with the basil and garlic were terrific together. It was really a breeze to make. I used Light Hellman's and used it with some leftover roasted chicken. Oh yes, I even used fresh basil from my newly planted herb garden. I will definately use this recipe again. Thanks for "making it up"!! :-)
I gave this a poor rating because I used canned red pepper. One, that is all I had, and two, you gave it as an option. I did dry it well as you suggested, but I did not like the results. The spread was very loose. However, I will try this with a fresh red pepper and see how it tastes and will review again.