Roasted Poblano Beef Stew
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicious recipe from Taste of Home.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 40mins
- 5 poblano peppers
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes (2 to 3 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef broth
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- Broil poblano peppers 4 inches from the heat until skins blister, about 5 minutes. With tongs, rotate peppers a quarter turn. Broil and rotate until all sides are blistered and blackened. Immediately place poblanos in a small bowl; cover and let stand for 20 minutes.
- Peel off and discard charred skins. Remove stems and seeds. Coarsely chop poblanos.
- In a Dutch oven, brown beef in oil in batches. Remove and keep warm. In the same pan, saute onion until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Gradually add broth; stir in the tomatoes, cilantro, chili powder, salt, cumin, pepper, poblanos and beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add potatoes; cook 10-15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Skim fat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION