Roasted Corn and Edamame Salad
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 2 ears fresh corn, unhusked
- 1⁄2 cup edamame, shelled
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, finely chopped (or grated)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Soak fresh corn in cold water about 30 minutes.
- Heat grill on high.
- Grill corn in husk, 10 to 15 minutes, turning once.
- Let cool.
- Remove husks.
- Cut corn from cob into a bowl; combine with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello, all! Thanks to all the great recipes and tips from the community here at Recipezaar, I think I'm finally getting this whole cooking thing down! FYI: When I review recipes, I take into account that I have to alter recipes so my BF will actually eat it - no mushrooms and no peppers! I realize this alters the taste slightly, but there's not much I can do about it if I don't want him to go on a hunger strike! I also try to use low fat and/or low cal alteratives. Gotta watch that waistline! :) I always try to give a kind, thoughtful review, even if the recipe didn't work out for me. <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/Animation6.gif"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSC11-Participant.jpg"> <img src="http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2/kiwidutch/My-3-Chefs%20banners/my3chefs2008Small.jpg"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/RSC%20Banners/RSCParticipationBanner.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">