Roasted Cauliflower, Lavender, Rosemary and Garlic
photo by Rita1652
- Ready In:
- 1 large cauliflower (trimmed and cut into bite size pieces)
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon fresh lavender
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus
- more olive oil, to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Mix oil, garlic, rosemary, lavender, pepper, salt, lemon and oil together.
- Toss in cauliflower and place in a large casserole dish in a single layer not over crowdering.
- Roast 20 minutes give a toss and bake for 15 more.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with a lavender sprig.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We enjoy roasted veggies and these were very nice. I didnâ€™t have any lavender but did have thyme flowers so used them instead. I assembled earlier in afternoon and it worked out fine. Served with recipe#428515, recipe#202181, and recipe#429987. Thanks for posting ~Rita~. Made for Unrulies Under the Influence during ZWT6 tour of Great Britain.
I would have never thought to use lavender in cooking (I bake with it), but this recipe really made me curious as to what the taste would be like. So I tried it and I have to say: it was one of the best cauliflower recipes I have ever tried. The roasty flavour combined so well with the aromatic fragrant taste of the lavender. Mmmm, I couldnt get enough of this! Thankfully it is so healthy, that I could eat and eat and eat. THANKS SO MUCH for sharing this special recipe with us, ~Rita~! Made and reviewed for Veggie Swap #21 April 2010.
This is delicious! My lavender hedge is gorgeous right now and I love finding a recipe calling for fresh lavender. Now if only I can remember to dry some to use in recipes later... My DH was not a big fan of this recipe (tastes like potpourri) but all my guests loved it! I will make it again before my lavender goes by! Thanks! ZWT 3