Roasted Cauliflower Broccoli Soup
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 large head cauliflower
- 1⁄2 head broccoli
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 1⁄2 onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil
- 4 -6 cups low sodium chicken broth (or vegetable)
- salt and pepper
- Italian parsley (for topping)
- shredded parmesan cheese (for topping) (optional)
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and line a baking sheet with foil. Spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut cauliflower and broccoli into similarly sized florets. Place florets and carrots on baking sheet; spray lightly with cooking oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and roast for 30 minutes or until tender, turning halfway.
- While vegetables are roasting, dice onion and chop garlic. Spray a saucepan with cooking oil, heat over low-medium heat, and add onion, garlic, oregano/thyme, and basil. Cover and cook until soft, stirring occasionally.
- Pour 1 cup of the broth into the pan with the onion to deglaze the pan. Place the roasted vegetables, onion and herbs, and remaining broth in a blender and puree.
- Return soup to saucepan and add salt and pepper to taste. Add extra broth if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Heat to desired level and serve in bowls with a sprinkle of chopped parsley and parmesan on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!