Roasted Cauliflower Soup
photo by cblwolf
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into large florets
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chicken stock or (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. On two cookie sheets, place cauliflower, onion, and garlic. Drizzle the olive oil over the veggies and turn to coat.
- Roast veggies in preheated oven for 30 minutes, stirring after 15.
- Combine roasted vegetables, chicken stock, bay leaf, and thyme. Cover and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove bay leaf and purée using an immersion blender. Add half and half, salt, and pepper and heat gently.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!