Roasted Asparagus and Potatoes With Dijon Balsamic Vinaigrette
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Getting Thin and Loving Food by Kathleen Daelemans. So good you won't know it's good for you. Great with fish, chicken, or steak.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 small shallot, very finely minced
- kosher salt
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into two inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper
- 1 lb baby red potato, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- In a lage salad bowl, combine vinegar, shallot, and salt to taste. Let stand 20 minute.
- Place asparagus in a plastic zipper bag with 1 tsp olive oil and shake until well coated. Pour onto cookie sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place potatoes in same bag used for asparagus, add 1 tsp olive oil and shake until well coated. pour onto second cookie sheet and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Roast potatoes and asparagus 15 min or until potatoes are golden and crispy and can be pierced by a fork. Potatoes may take longer than asparagus.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining 1 TBS olive oil and dijon mustard into the bowl with the shallot and vinegar. Taste and adjust seasonings.
- When the vegetable are done, add to bowl with dressing. Toss to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION