Roast Carrots With a Twist
I love roast carrots how ever they come but these are amazing! I could eat them every day. Just be careful of what stock you use because some of them can be very salty and it will ruin the dish. I use vegeta and they come out great every time.
- Ready In:
- 6 -8 carrots
- 1 teaspoon vegeta gourmet stock
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Peel and chop the carrots into bite size pieces. Place carrots in a saucepan and cover with water. Add the stock, garlic powder and cumin and boil until tender.
- Reserve 3 tablespoons of stock water then drain the carrots. Place carrots in a roasting pan and coat with olive oil. Sprinkle with the reserved stock water. Cook at 450 fahrenheit/230 celsius for 30 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
While these had a very nice favor, the texture was too soft for me. I prefer my carrots a little more "al dente". I would boil them a little less or roast them a shorter time. My dining partner said 5 stars and I say three, so I left the average of the two. :) I liked the cumin, and have used it on steamed carrots in the past. Made for Fall 2011 PAC game.1Reply