Rita's Famous Dressing Balls
These are a tradition in my mother-in-law's family. I never liked dressing until I had these. They get a nice golden brown on the outside and taste great with gravy.
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 30mins
- 2 loaves stale bread, torn into small pieces
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, melted
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-fat chicken broth (canned)
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons celery seeds
- Place bread in a large bowl and let sit overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sauté onions and celery in butter or margarine tender. Pour over bread and toss with hands to mix.
- Add chicken broth and mix with hands again. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add eggs and celery seed and mix thoroughly.
- Form into 2" balls and put in a baking dish.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION