Rich and Gooey Hot Fudge Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened dutch cocoa
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 3 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 ounces milk chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a medium pot, bring cream, corn syrup, brown sugar, cocoa and salt to a boil. Add semi-sweet chocolate and stir over moderate heat until fully melted.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 5 minutes. Off heat, add milk chocolate, butter and vanilla, and stir until melted and smooth. Cool to warm, and serve over ice cream, cake or anything you like. Cool to room temperature before refrigerating in an air tight container; will keep 1 week. Reheat before using.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a 48 y/o gay Jewish man in the suburbs immediately north of New York City. I'm a general internist, practicing and teaching at a medical college north of NYC. I also earned a Masters in Public Health degree in 2013. After a Walt Disney World trip in Dec 2006 where I had to rent an electric scooter because I couldn't manage the walking, I decided to have gastric bypass surgery, which was done Feb 28, 2007. I lost 160 lbs (though I've gained back about 60 of that since). I can't eat as much as I used to, so I want every bite to be extra good!