Rice With Chicken and Carrots
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I like this recipe because it's easy to do and delicious. I just came up with it yesterday. It's a blend of recipes that I know..just give it a try and tell me ur opinion.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken
- 2 carrots
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cup basmati rice (long grain rice)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon (you will use each spoon separately)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Wash the chicken and cut them into bite size pieces.
- Cut the carrots into small pieces.
- Dice the onion.
- In a large pan put the vegetable oil on a medium high heat.
- Put the chicken, carrots and onion and stir well until the chicken is browned and the vegetables are softened. While stirring you can add salt and 1/8 tsp pepper (to taste), a tsp of cinnamon.
- Wash the rice and drain well, add to it a 1/4 tsp of pepper and the second tsp of cinnamon and mix well.
- Add the rice to the chicken in the pan and mix well.
- Pour the chicken stock over the chicken mix.
- Leave it on high heat until the stock boils and the rice starts to absorb it.
- Lower your heat and cover the pan and leave it for 20 minutes or until the rice is done.
- You can add some parmesan cheese on top at serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION