Rice Pilaf With Pecans
photo by AZPARZYCH
- Ready In:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup carrot, julienne cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3⁄4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 5 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup orange juice
- 3 cups long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup golden raisin
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons pecans, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add carrot and onion; sauté 5 minutes.
- Add broth and orange juice, and bring to a boil. Add rice, raisins, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Sprinkle with pecans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Yum! This is loaded with flavor and turns out very pretty. Enjoyed the lightly sweet nutty flavor the orange juice and pecans brought to this pilaf. I made using dark raisins and red onion as those are what I had on hand. I am already planning on adding this to the next family get-together, thanks so very much for the post.
I did go with using some homemade vegetable broth when preparing this recipe since it went with us when we had dinner with my vegetarian son & DIL! They were totally satisfied, as were we! And they now have the recipe as well! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's Pick A Chef event]