Rice Chex Candy
This candy is crunchy and chewy and very sweet. It's one of my favorite treats at Christmas time. This recipe makes a large batch but it freezes very well. My grandma makes this in the microwave so I've included her microwave cooking instructions. I estimated the serving size to be about 1/4 cup.
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) box Rice Chex
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweetened flaked coconut, sweetened shredded
- 1 1⁄2 cups almonds, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter or 1 1/2 cups margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups light corn syrup
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine Chex cereal, almonds and coconut in a very large mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine butter, corn syrup and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium-high heat until mixture reaches 235°F (soft ball stage).
- Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla; stir well.
- Pour candy mixture over cereal mixture. Stir until well combined.
- Spread on wax paper to cool.
- Store cooled candy in an airtight container.
- This candy freezes remarkably well!
- It makes a pretty gift given in a jar or cellophane bag tied with a ribbon.
- It's very sweet and highly addictive!
- Combine butter, corn syrup, and sugar in a microwave safe glass bowl. Microwave on high 5 minutes.
- Microwave 5-10 minutes longer until mixture reaches soft ball stage.
- Add vanilla and baking soda; stir.
- Pour over cereal mixture.