Ribs Grilled Chinese Pork Back Ribs
These ribs take a little time to prep, but well worth the time you spend putting everything together.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 1 rack pork back ribs
For the rub
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot mustard powder (you can use regular dry mustard)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
For the sauce
- low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together all the ingredients for the rub. Rinse the ribs and pat dry. Rub the rub mixture all over the ribs, wrap in plastic wrap, and place in the refrigerator for 6 to 8 hours or over night.
- To make the sauce: In a small saucepan over medium heat, add all the ingredients and mix until well combined. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- When you are ready to grill – preheat your grill to 375 degrees. Wrap the ribs in aluminum foil and grill over indirect heat for 1 hour. Carefully remove the ribs from the foil and place directly over the heat. Allow to grill for another 15-20 minutes, basting periodically with the sauce. Remove and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before cutting into.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation