Ribbon Jello Salad from Mrs. B
photo by HisPixie
- Ready In:
1 9 x 13 pan
- 2 cups milk, heated to boiling point
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes knox gelatin
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 (3 ounce) package black raspberry Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 1 (3 ounce) package lime Jell-O gelatin
- For filling: Dissolve unflavored gelatin in cold water. Add milk, sour cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat well.
- Layer in 9 X 13 pan, chilling between layers.
- First layer: jello 1, prepared as directed on package.
- Second layer: 1 3/4 cup filling.
- Third layer: jello 2.
- Fourth layer 1 3/4 cup filling.
- Fifth layer: jello 3.
- Sixth layer: 1 3/4 cup filling.
- Seventh layer: jello 4.
- IMPORTANT; Let each layer set well before adding another. (Chill in refrigerator between additions.) Also, let your prepared jello cool to room temperature before layering it into the pan on top of the previous layer. When you pour a new layer in, do not pour it directly on the previous layer. The stream of liquid may be strong enough to "slice" open the layer that is there. Instead, hold a large spoon down near the pan; pour the liquid onto the spoon and let it gently cascade into the pan. The filling will probably set up before you get through all the layers. You can warm it gently to re-liquify; just be sure it is not too hot when you pour it on the previous layer.
- Yes, it is worth it.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is the recipe I have been using for years, given to me by a neighbor. I made it yesterday...after losing the recipe for years! I vary the flavors of Jello I use based on what I have on hand. But this IS the recipe I used...there are others that are similar but with some variations. Thanks for posting! It's a family favorite.