- Ready In:
- 3 cups hot water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup margarine or 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 (7 1/4 ounce) package instant roasted garlic mashed potatoes (dry mix)
- 1 (6 ounce) package sliced corned beef, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can sauerkraut (rinsed well and drained)
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed (if desired, we leave these OUT)
- Heat oven to 350ºF. Grease square baking dish, 8x8x2 inches.
- Heat hot water, milk and margarine to rapid boil in 3-quart saucepan; remove from heat.
- Stir in 2 pouches Potatoes and Seasoning just until moistened. Let stand about 1 minute or until liquid is absorbed. Make sure the mixture is cool, or the mustard will curdle. Stir in mustard. Whip with fork until smooth.
- Spread 1 1/2 cups of the potatoes in baking dish.
- Top with corned beef.
- Spread sauerkraut over corned beef.
- Spoon remaining potatoes over top; spread gently.
- Sprinkle potatoes with cheese and caraway seed.
- Bake uncovered about 20 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is stick-to-your-ribs comfort food. I didn't have the Instant Roasted Garlic Potatoes on hand, but had the Buttery ones. I added roasted garlic to the water and milk as I heated it before I stirred in the potato pouches. It worked well. I also used Dijon mustard instead of yellow, as we really like that flavor. This was simple to throw together and filling enough for my hardworking husband. Served with steamed green beans and salad, it was a complete meal.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love savory meals that are easy to prepare. If they're inexpensive, that's even better!