Reduced Calorie Summer Squash and Zucchini Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs squash or 1 1/2 lbs zucchini
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese, shreds
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 15 low-fat Ritz crackers
- salt and pepper
- Split squash and zucchini length wise then cut in to 1/2 inch pieces.
- Chop onion medium dice.
- Put all three items in pan cover with water and cook till fork tender.
- Drain all vegetables put casserole dish.
- Crush crackers into crumbs and add to vegetables.
- Mix all other ingredients into the casserole dish with the vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle 2 extra crackers crumbled on top.
- Cover and bake at 325 for 35 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 10 minutes more.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 15 minutes then serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a working mom who still loves to provide healthy, tasty food for my family. I try to provide an assortment of ethnic, regional, just about anything kind of meals. There are no limits here. I love this website. I plan out all the menus and get help from my husband who makes these recipes I find here at least 3 times a week. My daughter who is two has started wanting to help so I am now looking for family friendly meals also. <img src="http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r317/j_welcome/pics2/food/PRMRcopy.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">