Red Lobster Wild Rice Pilaf (Copycat)
photo by The Spice Guru
- Ready In:
- 3 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons minced carrots (use food processor)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon minced red pepper (use food processor)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Old Bay Seasoning (With Lemon & Herb)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning (Original)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Accent seasoning
- 1 pinch sugar
- 1 small bay leaf
- 2 cups quick-cooking wild rice (Rice Select brand Royal Blend)
- MINCE carrots and red pepper (separately), using a food processor, to yield 1/2 tablespoon each.
- INTO a medium saucepan with a tight-fitting lid, add 3 cups water, 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, 2 teaspoons finely diced carrots, 1 1/2 teaspoons finely diced red peppers, 1 1/2 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning (With Lemon & Herb), 1 1/4 teaspoons Old Bay Seasoning (Original), 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, 1/4 teaspoon dried dill, 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, 1/4 teaspoon Accent seasoning, 1 pinch sugar, and 1 small bay leaf.
- BRING broth mixture to boiling; ADD 2 cups Rice Select brand quick-cooking Royal Blend wild rice.
- ALLOW to boil for one minute.
- STIR and COVER.
- REDUCE heat to LOW; STEAM rice for 15 minutes.
- KEEP rice covered.
- REMOVE from heat and allow to stand for 10 minutes (covered).
- UNCOVER rice; REMOVE bay leaf; FLUFF rice with a fork.
- SERVE and ENJOY!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mathematician... Metaphysician... Magician in a test kitchen