Red Beans and Rice With Ham
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My son gave me this recipe. Of course I made this for him.
- Ready In:
- 7hrs 20mins
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried red beans, rinsed and sorted
- 1 lb beef smoked sausage, sliced
- 8 ounces ham, cubed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon Mexican seasoning, with pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- hot cooked rice
- Slow Cooker instructions.
- Place beans in large bowl, cover completely with water. Soak 6 to 8 hours or overnight. Drain beans, discard water.
- Place beans in slow cooker. Add sausage, ham, onion and water ( 2 1/2 cups for low or 3 cups for high). Season with mexican seasoning and red pepper.
- Cover, cook on low 7 to 8 hours or on high 3 to 4 hours or until beans are tender, stirring every 2 hours, if necessary.
- Serve over rice.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION