Really Rich Spaghetti Bolognese - 'goodfellas' Style
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 1 lb lamb
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato paste
- 2 cups tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves chopped garlic
- 3 tablespoons red wine (or balsamic vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon strong mustard
- 3 ounces smokey bacon
- 1 stalk celery, short
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
- extra virgin olive oil
- Fry onions briskly in a little oil.
- Add mince and fry at high heat until brown.
- (remove fat from pan).
- Add the tomato puree and drop the heat to medium.
- Stir in the sun dried tomato paste.
- Add salt.
- Add pepper.
- Add garlic.
- Add red wine.
- Add mustard.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Chop bacon into little pieces the size of croutons and fry in a little oil in a small frying pan until cooked.
- Add bacon to bolognese.
- Add chopped raw celery (no need to boil it).
- Add brown sugar.
- Simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in London, England. I dislike the way some cooks measure everything so precisely, just use your eyes and head and be passionate and it will tase great. I love anything except raspberries as the little seeds get in my teeth and are ewwwww horrid!