Raw Vegan Falafel With Lemon Garlic Aioli
The full title of this recipe is: Eva Rawposa & Uncooking 101’s Raw Vegan Super Easy Falafel With Lemon Garlic Aioli and I got it at healthyblenderrecipes.com Cooking time is dehydrator time. You can eat it right out of the bowl; it does not have to be dehydrated. Here for safekeeping.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 2 cups carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup sunflower seeds, dry
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed, ground (after grinding, equals 1/3 cup)
- 1 cup fresh parsley, chopped finely
- 3 tablespoons onions, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 cup sesame seeds (*to be added after processing)
- 1⁄4 cup cashews
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon, juiced
For the Falafel:
- First, add only the carrots to the food processor, and process until your carrots are nearly a paste.
- Next add in the sunflower seeds, flax seeds, garlic, and spices and process until well mixed.
- Finally, add the onion and parsley, making sure to scrape the sides as needed to mix everything together well.
- Move to a large bowl, and add the sesame seeds by hand.
- Roll 1 Tbsp at a time into falafel balls.
- Place these balls directly onto your dehydrator sheets and dehydrate for 2-12 hours depending on how moist you prefer the inside to be. The longer you dehydrate, the more crisp the outside becomes.
- For the AIOLI.
- Process the cashews, garlic, and salt in a coffee grinder or spice grinder until there are NO remaining chunks.
- Remove from the food processor, add to bowl with the lemon juice, and whip with a fork.
- OR you can turn this aioli into a fabulous dressing by blending 2/3 cup cashews soaked in 2/3 cup water with 1/2 of a preserved lemon in your Vitamix or blender.
- These falafels are fantastic as appetizers, or for use in raw wraps or as a topping on salads.