Raspberry Coffee Cake
photo by ElizabethKnicely
- Ready In:
1 8x8-inch baking dish
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup fat free sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 1⁄4 cup chopped almonds
- drizzles agave syrup or maple syrup
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine eggs, sour cream, milk, butter and vanilla in stand mixer or mixing bowl. Beat until creamy in stand mixer or with hand mixer. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Beat until smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.
- In greased 8x8-inch baking dish or other pastry dish of similar size, add about 2/3 of the batter. Spread fresh raspberries over the batter and then sprinkle with chopped almonds and drizzle agave or maple syrup over the raspberries.
- Pour the remaining 1/3 of the batter over the raspberries. Don't worry if the raspberries aren't all covered by the remaining batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes, or until cake is golden brown and springy when touched. Remove and let cool for 10 minutes on a cooling rack, before slicing and serving.
- Make glaze in small bowl. Whisk powdered sugar, milk and vanilla with a fork. After adding the first 3/4 cup of powdered sugar, add more powdered sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, until glaze reaches desired consistency. Drizzle glaze over cake or over each piece as it is served.
- Eat. One slice. Or maybe two.
- Share a link for a favorite raspberry recipe! Smoothie recipe, pastry, whatever! I want to put these little gems to good use!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
29 year old wife and mother of 3 who is obsessed with meal planning.