Raspberry Chicken for the Pressure Cooker
This is going to be the first recipe I make in my pressure cooker. Looks like a good combination of ingredients. Hope you and I like it. From Joanna White "This is an absolutely delicious chicken recipe, but depending on the type of jam used, it can take on a very dark color. Enhance the appearance by garnishing with fine shreds of orange zest."
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red wine
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup raspberry jam (sugarless okay)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 -3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 -4 lbs whole chickens, cut into pieces
- orange zest (to garnish)
- Mix all ingredients together except chicken and zest, stir until well combined.
- Taste and adjust sweetness to your personal preference.
- Pout mixture over chicken and let it marinate at least 4 hours, preferable overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Place chicken with marinade in the pressure cooker and bring to a boil.
- Seal, bring up to 15 pounds pressure, reduce heat to stabilize pressure and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from heat, depressurize using cold water, remove lid and remove chicken leaving marinade in pot.
- If a thicker sauce is desired, boil sauce in uncovered pot until it thickens.
- Pour thickened sauce over chicken and sprinkle with orange zest.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
Join The Conversation
I marinated the chicken overnight in a freezer zip bag and used only 1/2 cup of the jam. Mine was a little dry, but my fault as I used only skinless boneless chicken breasts. I think next time I'll put some orange zest in the pot for cooking, AND compensate for the leanness of the chicken. When I try again, I'll come back and add the 5th star I'm sure it deserves! <br/>(My [mother's] old PC had only a tray in the bottom--and my new electric one has a basket for cooking in or out of the liquid. Many recipes do not address this choice.)