Raisin Butter Tarts in Shortbread Crust
- Ready In:
- 1hr 55mins
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- mix all ingrediants for the crust until crumbly,,,form a ball and place in fridge for at least one hour.
- pre heat oven to 400°F.
- roll out dough to desired thickness. I like 3/8 of an inch.
- place in tart pan or greased muffin tin.
- place all ingrediants for the filling in a pot on stove and slowly heat for about 10 minutes.
- spoon into tarts and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!