Dad's Butter Raisin Tarts
These raisin tarts are locked forever in my heart as a special treat my Dad, Paul Lefever would make for us when we were growing up. All five of us children would get so excited! Dad also makes great jellies and jams for us. These tarts are wonderful!
- Ready In:
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 9-inch double-crust pie shells
- Combine all ingredients ,EXCEPT pastry and cook slowly for 7 minutes.
- Line muffin pans with pastry.
- Pour several spoonfuls in each tart.
- Bake at 400F degrees for 20- 25 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I cheated and used mini pre-made tart shells, and I got about 32 tarts out of this. Sooo good..I took them to a potluck and they were devoured. Perfect texture (not too runny) with a ton of raisins, just the way they should be. Because my tarts were smaller, I reduced the cooking time to about 18 minutes and they were perfect. DH and I are very glad that we kept a few tarts for ourselves! Will definitely make again, that's for sure.Reply