Quinoa Salad With Avocado and Dried Cranberries
- Ready In:
- 1 lemon, juice and zest finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup apricot, finely diced
- 2 avocados
- 2 green onions, sliced diagonally
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, toasted (slivered or sliced)
- Dressing: In a bowl, whisk together lemon zest, lemon juice, oil, coriander, cumin and paprika. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- In a saucepan, combine quinoa, salt and cold water; bring to a boil over medium high heat. Stir, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Fluff with a fork, spread on a large baking sheet and let cool completely.
- Place cranberries and apricots in a small bowl. Cover with warm water and let stand for about 5 minutes or until plump. Drain and set aside.
- Just before serving, peel avocados and cut into bite size chunks. Place in a bowl and toss with dressing to prevent discoloration. Add cooled quinoa, cranberry mixture, green onions and almonds.
- Make ahead: The dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day. The quinoa can be cooked up to 1 day in advance; after cooling, add the green onions and cranberry mixture, chill. Toss with the avocados just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!