Quinoa & Kale Lasagna
photo by fitnfamished
- Ready In:
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomatoes or 2 1/2 cups pasta sauce
- 2 cups cottage cheese (high quality or dry curd)
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced thin
- 2 cups kale, chopped with ribs and stems removed (or half kale, half spinach) or 2 cups fresh spinach (or half kale, half spinach)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13x9 inch casserole dish with cooking spray or oil. Spread prepared quinoa evenly in the dish.
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onions and cook until transparent and starting to brown. Add the mushrooms; cook until they're softened and very little if any moisture remains in pan. Add the garlic and the tomato sauce. Stir until hot, then set aside.
- In med. bowl combine cottage cheese with the egg; mix well. Stir in parmesan, basil and oregano.
- Spread 1/3 of the tomato sauce over the quinoa. Then add layer of sliced zucchini, then all the cottage cheese mixture, then 1/3 of the tomato sauce, then all the kale or spinach, ending with the remaining tomato sauce. Spread mozzarella evenly on top.
- Bake for about 35 min, until hot and the cheese is melted, bubbling, and slightly brown at edges. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Texas native, married 17 yrs. w/2 boys. Fitness (boot camp, step, etc.) instructor. Try to eat primarily nutritious foods but have a mean sweet tooth! Love to find easy, satisfying, inexpensive, and healthy dishes. I am burdened with 3 meat & mac & chz (or pizza!) boys (DH included) who avoid veggies at all costs which makes meal prep. challenging! I love to entertain and cook for people who appreciate good food and aren't picky! (Unlike whom I live with)