Quinoa Feta Salad With Basil Cilantro Vinaigrette
photo by livimeikle
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1⁄2 red onion, finely chopped
- 6 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (I use the lemon-garlic kind)
- 2 cups corn (fresh steamed or frozen-thawed)
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 lb fresh spinach
- 3⁄4 cup fresh basil
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions, substituting vegetable broth for water. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa, corn, feta and onion.
- In a blender or food processor, combine basil, cilantro, vinegar and olive oil till completely smooth.
- Stir vinaigrette mixture into quinoa mixture, still till thoroughly combined.
- If making ahead, refrigerate quinoa mixture till serving. Serve over beds of spinach and top with tomatoes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!