Junior League- Fiesta Chicken Salad W/ Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Ready In:
Lime Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1⁄2 cup chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups thinly sliced red lettuce
- 3 cups thinly sliced napa cabbage
- 1 cup chopped cooked chicken breast
- 2 seeded chopped plum tomatoes
- 1⁄2 thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 thinly sliced yellow bell pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped avocado
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled tortilla chips
- 1⁄4 cup thawed frozen whole kernel corn
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds or 1/4 cup pepitas
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled queso anejo or 1/2 cup feta cheese
- For the vinaigrette, combine the shallots, lime juice, cilantro and garlic in a bowl and mix well. Whisk in the oil gradually. Season with salt and pepper. You may prepare up to 1 day in advance and store, covered, in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature before serving.
- For the salad, combine the lettuce, cabbage, chicken, tomatoes, bell peppers, avocado, tortilla chips, corn, pumpkin seeds and onion in a bowl and toss to mix. Drizzle with the vinaigrette and mix well. Sprinkle with the cheese.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!