Quick Zucchini Casserole
This is any easy and quick way to prepare fresh zucchini and my husband loves it. i have been making it for so long, I have no idea where I got the recipe
- Ready In:
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 14 inch rounds
- 3 cups boiling water, enough to cover zucchini
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1/2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- Place zucchini in boiling water and boil for 2 minutes. Drain into a colander.
- Melt butter over low heat, remove from heat and stir in sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Add zucchini and heat through.
- Put mixture in a casserole dish, sprinkle with cheese. Place under the broiler until cheese is melted and golden brown.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Definitely a nice, quick side dish. I think it needs some onion and/or garlic to liven up the flavor, though. I used 2 medium zucchini and cut the amount of butter to 1/4 cup. Even though I cut the butter down, the texture was very watery on the bottom. I'd make this again, but add the onions, garlic and cut down on the liquid somehow. Thanx!