Quick Pigs in a Blanket
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This recipe was submitted by my Great Aunt Monette for my Grandmothers cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 45mins
- 1 head cabbage
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup rice
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup grated cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper
- Brown meat and onions, stir in rice, salt and pepper.
- Remove outer leaves from around cabbage and cut out the hard stalk from the end of the cabbage.
- Put cabbage into boiling water, steam cabbage for 10 minutes or until the leaves are softened enough to peel away.
- Cool and separate cabbage leaves, gently shake off moisture, and set aside.
- Place just enough cabbage leaves on the bottom of your 9" x 13" x 2" baking dish to cover bottom.
- Peel off each cabbage leaf separately and place into middle one rounded Tbls. of the meat mixture.
- Fold the two ends of the leaf inwards and roll it up into a narrow sausage shape.
- Place into bottom of greased 9” x 13” x 2” baking dish.
- Heat tomato soup and water until it boils. Pour over all ingredients.
- Sprinkle with American or cheddar cheese. Cover with foil & bake for 1-1/2 hrs @ 350 degrees.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I enjoyed every bite...so did my fiance... I am sooo glad you had posted this recipe and I am not the only one who knows of this as "pigs in the blanket"... when i searched pigs in a blanket, I had a lot of the cressant and sausage links, which wasn't was what I was looking for. Anyway GREAT GREAT recipe!!!!!Reply