Quick 'n Easy Strudel
- Ready In:
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract, divided
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans or 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Unroll 1 can of crescent rolls. Press into bottom of greased 13x9-inch baking dish, without pressing seams together.
- Breat cream cheese, 12/4 cup of the sugar and 1 teaspoons of the vanilla in medium bowl until smooth. Spread over crescent rolls. Misx pie filling, 1 teaspoons cinnamon and remaining 2 teaspoons vanilla. Gently spread over cheese mixture.
- Unroll second can of crescent over fruit. Brush top with melted butter. Top with a mixture of remaining 1/4 cup of sugar, nuts and remaining 1 teaspoons cinnamon.
- Bake 30 minutes or until dough is golden brown. Let stand 10 minutes. Serve warm.
- SUBSTITUTION TIP: Substitute cherry pie filling with apple pie filling. Increase cinnamon used in fruit filling from 1 tsp to 2 teaspoons.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.