Quick Chicken With Gouda Gravy
This is from Rachael Ray. Gouda is great. I use a grill pan for the chicken and enjoy the chicken alone for a quick low fat meal.
- Ready In:
- 4 skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons fresh thyme or 2 tablespoons dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup gouda cheese, shredded
- Season both sides of the chicken with thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat pan with olive oil or spray with pam.
- Add chicken, cook for 6 minute each side.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, cook for 1 minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth and 1/2 cup milk until thickened, 2-3 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in cheese in a figure-eight motion until melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Slice the chicken at an angle and top with the gouda gravy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I loved this! The chicken, thyme, and gouda went very well together. DH made this on my behalf. The only change I'm aware of was to sub veggie broth for the chicken, as that is what we had on hand. Sadly, he didn't like it as well; he prefers spicy foods. The thyme flavor was very pronounced, so if you aren't fond of thyme (as I am), you might want to cut it down to maybe 1 tablespoon or so. All in all a good recipe that we will make again. Thanks for posting! Made for Fall 2008 PAC.Reply
see 1 more