Quick Chicken Pozole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
America's Test Kitchen
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can white hominy or (15 ounce) can yellow hominy, rinsed
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh oregano
- 1 (2 1/2 lb) rotisserie chicken, skin and bones discarded, meat shredded into bite-size pieces (3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over med-high heat until shimmering.
- Add onion and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and chili powder and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Add broth, tomatoes, hominy, and oregano and cook until tomatoes are soft and flavors meld, about 15 minutes.
- Add chicken and lime juice and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION