Quick and Healthy Lentil Stew With Artichokes
- Ready In:
- 200 g lentils
- 1 onion, peeled and sliced
- 4 celery ribs, trimmed and sliced
- 4 carrots, trimmed, peeled and sliced
- 3 parsnips, trimmed, peeled and sliced
- 400 g artichoke hearts
- 1 leek, washed, trimmed and sliced
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 300 g kale leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley or 2 tablespoons chervil
- Rinse lentils and drain. Place in a large pan with all the other ingredients except the kale and herbs.
- Add enough water to cover, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, mix in the kale leaves to warm through. Sprinkle on the herbs and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello! I'm Kelly from Toronto, I'm a communications designer, and cooking and baking just a serious hobby... I cook healthy and you'll find a majority of my recipes are high fiber, high protein and low sugar. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">