Quick and Easy Yunnan Potatoes
photo by Dienia B.
- Ready In:
- Heat wok or heavy skillet over high heat.
- Add oil and swirl to coat bottom of pan.
- Add chiles and cook, stirring, until they begin to puff up, about 30 seconds.
- Add potatoes and stir-fry for about 3 minutes, pressing them against the pan to brown them.
- Add scallions and salt and stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- I prefer to remove the chiles before serving.
- Serve hot, cold or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Rating these was hard because I thought they were quite good and DH hated them. Being a room temp dish makes this great for brunches, pot luck, picnics, or any other make ahead event. Made as written using peeled potatoes (a must) and scallions. Think will make for our next breakfast post luck and get a broader range of opinions. Thanks so much for the post.
I've made this twice in a couple of weeks. The first time I did half a batch using only three chillies and half the onions. The second time I did half a batch using five chillies and all the onions. I loved it both times, but still think it doesn't quite have the heat that I expect in most Yunnan recipes. Great that it can be served at various temperatures. Oh, and I never peeled my potatoes. They were thin-skinned and I hate to waste the nutrition and flavour. As an aside, I baked extra potatoes the other night, just so I would have enough to make this again. Thanks for posting.
see 1 more reviews