Quick and Easy Pumpkin Dump Cake
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 29 ounces canned pumpkin
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon or 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (18 ounce) box French vanilla cake mix or (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- Grease bottom of 9 X 13 inch pan.
- Combine 1st six ingredients.
- Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle, then pack cake mix over top evenly.
- Drizzle butter over entire cake.
- Bake at 350 F for approximately 50 - 60 minutes (test for doneness).
- For extra elegance top slices with whipped cream sprinkled with the spices used in cake.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for Thanksgiving 2011 and it was a hit! I will say that I only had a 15 oz can of pumpkin but it worked out perfectly. I also used 1 tsp cinnamon and about a 1/4 tsp each of nutmeg, cloves & allspice along w/ the ginger as specified. I used 1 stick of butter for the topping and may even use 1 1/2 next time as the topping was a little too dry in spots. I used the spice cake (couldnt picture it with french vanilla). The taste was great though and it was just different enough than your typical pumpkin pie and just as delicious:)
Over the past several months, I've been making dump cakes with great success, but maybe that's just because they're so easy to whip up! This one fell right in line with the others & we were really satisfied with the combo of pumpkin & the white cake! I'll be making it again during the summer, but am particularly looking forward to serving it during the end-of-year holidays! Thanks for posting it! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Cookbook Tag]