Quick and Easy Egg Bake- Dinner Favorite!!
photo by Mommy Diva
- Ready In:
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut in 2 inch pieces
- 7 -8 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup walla walla onions or 3/4 cup vidalia onion
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked ham, cubed (like Farmland Cooked cubed ham)
- 2 teaspoons Salad Elegance seasoning mix (Johnny's Salad Elegance)
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 (8 ounce) bag sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter, I like Brummel and Brummel
- Chop upper half to 2/3 of stalks of asparagus into 2 inch pieces.
- Discard lower portion of stalk.
- Chop onion into desired size pieces.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a pan sauté ham and onions with butter salt and pepper for 2 minutes.
- Add asparagus and cook for another 3 minutes or until lightly cooked (should still be somewhat crunchy).
- Spray square glass baking pan with Pam (or other oil).
- Whisk eggs and pour into baking pan.
- Add sautéed ham and veggies.
- Sprinkle entire egg mixture with cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and cut into large squares.
- Garnish with salsa and sour cream if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a great lazy week end brekkie! I didn't have the salad seasoning requested so I used a Penzey's salad seasoning mix and it worked well. Also, I had to use regular onion and I used 1/2 of the amount of cheese (Gotta try to trim the fat somewhere!). The aroma is wonderful and I couldn't help thinking how perfectly it would be in a big chafing dish for a brekkie buffet. I love using asparagus, DH picks it out and puts it on my plate! Made for ZWT3.